BeIN Sports is set to end its Ligue 1 coverage from next season, with the league planning to shift distribution to its own platform, Ligue 1+.
BeIN Sports has been ordered by the Paris commercial court to settle outstanding Ligue 1 broadcast rights payments after a ruling in favour of LFP Media, the commercial arm of the French Professional Football League. The judgment concludes a dispute over this season’s contract, in which the broadcaster had withheld part of its scheduled fees.
According to L’Équipe, beIN Sports reduced its payments after raising objections to broadcast restrictions tied to its Saturday afternoon Ligue 1 match package. The court rejected those arguments and instructed the broadcaster to pay €14.13m ($16.90m) in unpaid balances to LFP Media.
In response, beIN Sports said it is considering an appeal against the ruling. In a statement to L’Équipe, the company said it acknowledged the first-instance decision and would explore all available legal options. The broadcaster added that it had been forced into legal action after what it described as LFP Media’s refusal to engage in constructive discussions or mediation over its concerns. BeIN Sports also pointed to the league’s repeated legal disputes with current and former broadcasters as an indication of wider financial challenges facing French football.
L’Équipe reported that beIN Sports had also been seeking compensation while continuing to pay only part of the instalments due under the agreement. The dispute comes as beIN Sports prepares to step away from Ligue 1 coverage from next season, with the league set to move distribution to its own direct-to-consumer platform, Ligue 1+.























































































