The figures, aligned with the projected growth forecasts shared earlier by the MBC Group, span the first two days of Ramadan 2020.
MBC Group has announced that the entertainment company has recorded a 16% rise in the total TV TRPs for Ramadan so far as compared to the 2019 season.
The average time spent per day stood at 6.2 hours, which is a 16% rise as compared to Ramadan 2019, according to Arabian Media Services International.
The figures, aligned with the projected growth forecasts shared earlier by the MBC Group, span the first two days of Ramadan 2020, mitigated with the Stay At Home initiative from the broadcaster.
The share of audience saw an increase of 53.1% for MBC Group while the remaining 46.9% share was gained by the competition.
The viewership for MBC Group TV channels saw a 27% rise as compared to the 2019 Ramadan season.
MBC Group saw a significant increase in consumption throughout the day with a prolonged peak time between 5:45 pm to 8:45 pm.
While the average rating for the top 15 programmes across all channels saw a 32% rise, MBC programmes saw a 29% rise in ratings as compared to the previous Ramadan season.