After the Zafar satellite is placed in orbit, a timeline has been finalised to launch five more, the minister said.
Iran is preparing a site to launch a satellite, a government minister said on Monday, a programme which the US claims is a cover for ballistic missile development. Iran had at least two failed satellite launches last year.
In a tweet, Iranian Minister of Information and Communications Technology Mohammad Javad Azari-Jahromi confirmed: Yes, a site is being prepared for placing the Zafar satellite into orbit.
It comes in the wake of an NPR story which noted that satellite imagery suggested the Islamic Republic is preparing for a satellite launch.